Sector - Manufacturing
Local company manufacturing uniforms for local and international hospitality clients. Made to size for each staff member! Patterns are the essential IP to keep clients. Huge growth opportunities.Give me more information
Fully describe the business's activities?
The business manufactures and supplies corporate wear. The business controls the entire garment production process. A comprehensive customised range is offered, which is "made to fit". There is some off the shelf products that are offered which are sourced from trusted and well reputed specialist partners. This allows the client to have a unique and distinctive uniform with uniforms made for each employee. The business has built up a solid reputation for quality and offers a "warranty" of 12-18 months provided that the wash care and wear programme is followed. A client can design their own product. There is a large catalogue which forms the basis of garment selection. The business therefore offers a turnkey solution to all uniform requirements.
What Advertising/Marketing is carried out?
Advertising in the industry related publications but on a limited basis only. The majority of the advertising spend is on Adword campaigns.
What competition exists?
There are about 8-10 other prominent players across the country. Few however offer the bespoke and "made to fit" per employee offering that the business does.
How could the profitability of the business be improved?
The appointment of more sales staff and increased adverting in industry related publications.
How involved is the Owner in running the business?
The owner is actively involved in running the business, focussing on winning new business as well as managing the operations.
When does the current lease end?
The business lease currently expires at the end of December 2020.
What are the trading hours?
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday: 08:00 – 14:00
What are the main assets of the business?
Stock & equipment
• Solid infrastructure
• Well established brand and reputation and high barriers to entry for competitors to enter the market
• Staff members are professional, experienced and technically equipped to ensure a match to the high expectations of their clients
• High quality product range
• High ethical values
• High quality, online and printed uniform catalogue
• A good website
• The business is a preferred supplier to blue chip, multinational companies
• The business has grown organically into a profitable organization
• Strong client-centricity ethos
• Performance may drop when management are away
• Whilst a sales function does currently exist, there is significant room to enhance it
• Increase marketing activities in order to increase the client base and turnover
• Diversify product offering further and service additional market segments
• Set-up branches in other provinces
• Increase activity in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Improved global competitiveness due to a weaker currency
• Increase exposure by promotions, trade shows, incentives to existing clients, etc
• Increasingly restrictive labour laws and collective bargaining
• Inflationary pressures as a result of potential increased electricity costs
What is the reason for the sale?
Owner has been offered another opportunity
Access to the number one business broking tool to get your business sold.
We've got you covered!
We offer an innovative and intuitive
solution for selling your business, franchise and premises
your business for sale
the right audience
More businesses you may like
More similar, inspiring businesses for sale
YNP - R 5,988,195
YNP - R 4,319,392
YNP - R 927,598
YNP - R 2,672,094
Get the latest information, valuable tips and share in the professional knowledge of business experts on selling or buying a business
Many businesses get to a stage where they consider expansion, and franchising is one way of expandin
A great ActionCOACH first and foremost has a passion for business, as well as a passion for helping
Unlike other businesses, the online venture may not have any tangible assets such as property, machi